Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas in Colorado

For Christmas this year my family (Ezra, Dee dee, 7 kids, spouses and grandkids) met up at my sister Jenn's ranch in Rifle, Colorado. We had a great time skiing, playing games, shooting guns, etc. On Christmas Eve the whole crew went to the local sledding hill to take advantage of the snow. Natalie, my sister Krista and I decided to show everybody how it's done. Below is video of us doing the first toboggan run of the day. I'm in front Natalie is in the middle, Krista is in back.



It doesn't look too bad, but I didn't exactly stick the landing. My stupidity earned me a trip to the Rifle hospital ER on a back board and in a neck brace. Fortunately I didn't damage my back or neck. I did walk out of the hospital with a cast on each arm and little road rash.



Fortunately Natalie and Krista survived with just a little road rash on their faces. Natalie has been a great "Florence Nightingale" doing just about everything for me (fortunately I can do a few things on my own).

Here is the x-ray of my right arm. Can you spot the break? They aren't absolutely sure yet that the left arm is broken.


Other than the sledding accident we've had a great time with my family. We took family pictures for the first time in years. Below is a sample, and go here for a couple more.

5 comments:

Anna Winn and Family said...

Dude - Keith! That STINKS!!! I can't believe you broke your arm with a crash like that. You are an old man :) Seriously tbough, I hope you heal quickly.

Emily said...

We heard about your little accident. Glad to hear you didn't hurt your back! Get well soon!

Spiresfam said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! I know I shouldn't laugh but I can't help it! I'm glad you weren't really hurt!! You are so old! HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! Hope you guys are well. I ran into Jordan at 6th ward today and we had a good laugh about how old we are all getting. He's getting gray hair and I just joined the 30 club with you. Crazy!! Keep in touch!

Sally said...

Too bad you couldn't post it in slow motion. It really would have shown how bad the crash was. The week really was a lot of fun.

Jenn said...

I'm just glad it wasn't me!
I hope you havn't lost your taste for Colorado.
Hope you heal quickly!